Te Whānau O Waipareira congratulates our Chairman, Ray Hall, who was returned to the board at last nights Annual General Meeting at Hoani Waititi Marae.
Ray, who has been the Chair since 2014, was returned and confirmed uncontested with fellow Board member Moyna Grace, something that humbles and excites him.
“This tells me the confidence and the direction we are setting for Waipareira is endorsed and supported by this whānau. It has been a challenging year for all of us but Waipareira has again been setting the standards, thanks largely to the vision of John Tamihere and work by our frontline kaimahi”.
Financial highlights for 2019-2020 show Waipareira:
- Achieved a clean audit (unmodified audit opinion) for all entities under the Waipareira umbrella
- Ended 30th June 2020 with a group net operating surplus of $5.2 million. This compares against the previous year’s net operating surplus of $3.9 million (32% improvement).
- Total Assets increase from $58.9 million to $65.6 million (11.4% improvement)
- Equity % Group Assets – 74.6% comparing to last year of 73%
- Liabilities % Group Assets – 25.4% comparing to last year of 27%.
Waipareira CEO John Tamihere said the organisation was setting new benchmarks, locally, regionally and internationally. Over the past 12 months Waipareira had deployed Whanau Tahi – it’s IT solution
– and Whanau Ora to indigenous and first nation’s people in America, Canada and Australia.
“The only people we can’t convince of just how good our Whanau Tahi IT system and Whanau Ora tools systemic are the beaurecrats in Wellington,” John said.
Te Whānau O Waipareira is an Urban Māori Authority with more than 30 years of history advocating for positive Māori development for whānau and future generations to come.
We do this through our Whānau Ora services we developed to promote health, social, justice and education services offering a one stop solution for you and your whānau. Our Whānau Ora services are designed to advance better social and economic outcomes for whānau and families across our Whānau Waipareira community.
We currently have an opportunity for two people to join Te Whānau O Waipareira Board of Trustees (due to rotational requirements). We welcome applications for a role on our Board from people with:
• The ability to contribute to, and provide direction, in the achievement of Te Whānau O Waipareira 25-year strategic plan and operational objectives.
• Established networks in the wider community that will support Te Whānau o Waipareira to build relationships within the community.
• A background in funding, digital or PR and communications.
• A good understanding of the principles of governance and effective operations within a not-for-profit organisation.
• A background in legal and financial acumen or a background in the education and social service sectors, that will assist us to achieve our goals.
Meetings are monthly and are usually 2.5 hours
Applicants must be able to give their Pepeha and must reside within the rohe of Waipareira – West Auckland.
Download and complete a Trustee’s Nomination Form www.waipareira.com
Attach a Curriculum Vitae, which includes a personal Bio, photo, referees and formal photo identification.
All applicants will be duly vetted.