Te Whānau o Waipareira has embarked on a journey with whānau to deliver an integrated seamless service delivery centred on
Whānau Tahi, whānau directed outcomes. This is not new to Te Whānau O Waipareira and has been 25 years in the making. Our investment
has included a fully integrated Whānau Tahi performance and outcomes based system.
At the heart of this is The 10 Strands of Whānau Tahi:
Navigating Ways To Aspirational Outcomes.
Practice of these pathways/values ensure Te Whānau O Waipareira continues to lead whānau to aspirational outcomes.
Whānau Tahi Whānau Ora Navigating ways to Aspirational Outcomes
1. Whakawhanaketanga / Workforce Development
Developing a learning organisation. Enhancing internal capability and capacity. Building potential for better outcomes.
Best practice for recruitment and retention.
2. Te Kauhau Ora
Values based practice enhancing the mana of Whānau, Hapu, Iwi and hapori.
The ethos of the organisation.
4. He pūnaha huanga arongatahi / Integrated Quality
Management Systems / Evaluation and Monitoring
An integrated quality management system that overarches all programme provision within an ISO framework. Evaluation and Monitoring
informs the action for continuous quality improvement and provides assurance of the quality of our programmes.
5. Kaiarahi / Navigator Role
Provides navigation to assist Whanau to relevant programmes to enable them to achieve their desired outcomes.
6. Ngā ohu mahi / Job Families
Optimising the organisational structure based on job family clusters. Defining workflows for Whānau centric outcomes based practice.
7. Ngā hua anga / Outcomes Framework
Outcomes are a series of steps that lead to high level outcomes or goals of the Whānau.
8. Whanau Tahi Navigator
An integrated outcome focused database system.
9. Ngā whakaetanga putanga / Integrated Outcome Contracting
An outcomes focused contracting model
10. Kāwanatanga / Governance
- The Principles and Practice of good Governance
- Scanning the future
- Securing the Organisation
- Developing the Organisation
- Maintaining faith with current generations
- Co-operating for economies of scale
- Champions for future generations
- Political Influence
This has been another exciting year full of the expression of the Waiparerira way. We have out performed our Strategic Plan objectives well in advance of where we thought we might be. We are a nationally recognised Provider and in fact are the largest Multi-Service Provider in the country. We are the test case and platform for the build out of the National Whānau Ora platforms both in policy and practice. John Tamihere CE
Measuring our Social Impact
The 2014/15 year saw Waipareira formally commence its Social Impact and measurement Journey, the start of a journey to be able to measure the outcomes whānau achieve at Waipareira.
Te Whanau O Waipareira Trust's economic and investments include Subsidary Companies: Hapai Te Hau Ora (Maori Health Providers), Radio Watea,
The Trust also holds strategic realtionships with NUMA, MUMA, Tainui, and Ngati Whatua.
National Urban Maori Authority (NUMA)
Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust is an Urban Maori Authority (UMA) in West Auckland and is an affiliated member of the National Urban Maori
Affiliates include the following organisations:
Te Runanga O Nga Maata Waka Incorporated
Whanganui a Tara Whanui Trust
Te Runanga o Kirikiriroa Charitable Trust
Manukau Urban Maori Authority Incorporated
Urban Maori Radio Limited
The Trust owns 50 percent of this company along with Manukau Urban Maori Authority. It controls 603AM Radio Waatea and George FM. The company
owns the historical archive of Radio Aotearoa.
Manukau Urban Maori Authority (MUMA)
Muma provides various services within the Manukau and South Auckland area and is also affiliated to the National group. We maintain a collaborative
relationship with MUMA.
- Ministry of Health
- Waitemata District Health Board (WDHB)
- Ministry of Social Development (msd)
- Department of Child, Youth and Family
- Work and Income New Zealand (winz)
- Te Puni Kokiri
- Accident Compensation Corporation (acc)
- Ministry of Justice
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority (nzqa)
- Hapai Te Hauora Tapui
- Waitemata pho
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust currently holds Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Partnerships with the following organisations:
- AUT – Statement of Intent
- Active Waitakere
- Te Atatu Tu Tangata Academy
- Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua
- Unitec Institute of Technology
- Waitemata District Health Board
- Child Youth & Family Services Henderson
- Waitakere City Council
- New Zealand Police
- Occupational Safety & Health Service
- Specialist Education Services Board
- Work and Income New Zealand
- New Zealand Federation of Family Budgeting Services Inc