Seamless service delivery
Te Whānau o Waipareira has embarked on a journey with whānau to deliver an integrated seamless service delivery centred on Whānau Tahi, whānau directed outcomes. This is not new to Te Whānau O Waipareira and has been 25 years in the making. Our investment has included a fully integrated Whānau Tahi performance and outcomes based system.
At the heart of this is The 10 Strands of Whānau Tahi:
Navigating Ways To Aspirational Outcomes.
Practice of these pathways/values ensure Te Whānau O Waipareira continues to lead whānau to aspirational outcomes.
Whānau Tahi Whānau Ora Navigating ways to Aspirational Outcomes
10. Kāwanatanga / Governance
- The Principles and Practice of good Governance
- Scanning the future
- Securing the Organisation
- Developing the Organisation
- Maintaining faith with current generations
- Co-operating for economies of scale
- Champions for future generations
- Political Influence
Te Whanau O Waipareira Trust's economic and investments include Subsidary Companies: Hapai Te Hau Ora (Maori Health Providers), Radio Watea, The Trust also holds strategic realtionships with NUMA, MUMA, Tainui, and Ngati Whatua.
Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust is an Urban Maori Authority (UMA) in West Auckland and is an affiliated member of the National Urban Maori
Affiliates include the following organisations:
Te Runanga O Nga Maata Waka Incorporated
Whanganui a Tara Whanui Trust
Te Runanga o Kirikiriroa Charitable Trust
Manukau Urban Maori Authority Incorporated
The Trust owns 50 percent of this company along with Manukau Urban Maori Authority. It controls 603AM Radio Waatea and George FM. The company owns the historical archive of Radio Aotearoa.
Muma provides various services within the Manukau and South Auckland area and is also affiliated to the National group. We maintain a collaborative relationship with MUMA.
- Ministry of Health
- Waitemata District Health Board (WDHB)
- Ministry of Social Development (msd)
- Department of Child, Youth and Family
- Work and Income New Zealand (winz)
- Te Puni Kokiri
- Accident Compensation Corporation (acc)
- Ministry of Justice
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority (nzqa)
- Hapai Te Hauora Tapui
- Waitemata pho
Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust currently holds Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Partnerships with the following organisations:
- AUT – Statement of Intent
- Active Waitakere
- Te Atatu Tu Tangata Academy
- Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua
- Unitec Institute of Technology
- Waitemata District Health Board
- Child Youth & Family Services Henderson
- Waitakere City Council
- New Zealand Police
- Occupational Safety & Health Service
- Specialist Education Services Board
- Work and Income New Zealand
- New Zealand Federation of Family Budgeting Services Inc